The performance anxiety I had been experiencing subsided as I practiced my new routine. I have the hang of all the meds and now that I have my new phone, I feel less stressed about knowing what time it is.
My back and shoulders loosened up over the weekend and I am much more comfortable. The heating pad is still something I look forward to every day. I am taking one extra dose of Tylenol 3 to help as well.
The hospital routine is still challenging everyday because it isn't a routine. On Monday, I waiting and hour and 15 minutes after my appointment time to get my port accessed again and my bloodwork drawn. Luckily we had a bit of a buffer before my next dose of Tac was due. Then it was off to the PFT Lab, where the computers were down. So, there was another unexpected wait. But it was all worth it when I rocked my PFTs! I was positively beaming all day. I was so proud of my numbers. I have never seen anything like it. I think I am a bit ahead of the curve, with a FVC of 87% and an FEV1 of 91%! I still can't believe it. Only three weeks out of transplant!
Tuesday was also a long wait at the clinic. It was another positive visit. My magnesium levels have come up a touch and I also had the sutures from my six chest tubes removed. Progress!
I have been improving every single day. I feel stronger. I have more energy. I can walk faster and further. I can climb stairs. I can think about the things I enjoy again. I am excited about life!
The only downer all week has been hearing other lung transplant patients talk about my progress like I'm not even there. It happened twice in two days. We each need to walk our own path and we all came from different places. This transplant journey is an individual and unique one. I worked hard before my transplant to be in the best shape possible. I exercised and ate as much as I could! I prepared myself mentally and emotionally. I did my research. And now, after transplant, I continue to try my best. I want to excel and honor these amazing new lungs. I want to start my new life on the right foot. I have been lucky, I feel blessed, I have worked hard, and I feel like everything is falling into place after such a challenging last year and a half. It's frustrating that other people openly express their jealousy. I guess I wasn't expecting it out loud.
I want to be an inspiration and help motivate others.
No comments:
Post a Comment