Monday, August 30

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend and I definitely felt it at the gym this morning! We had lots of visitors this weekend, which was lots of fun! My sister and brother in law and nephews and niece came. I haven't had a visit with the kids since before transplant. I did technically see them in the hospital, through my window to the courtyard. It was ideal at the time- I rolled the IV lines and chest tube stuff out of view and waved at them so they knew I was alright.

We went out with them for lunch and then checked out West Edmonton Mall. West Ed is one of the world's biggest malls and has lots to do. We wandered around for a while, including a stop at the pet store to look at puppies! My husband and brother in law stayed to mini-golf with the kids while my sister in law took me back home for some quiet time before we went out for dinner.

On Sunday there was a fundraiser for CF that we all attended called Run for the Lung. Three more of our friends came up for the day to join us. Three of the guys participated in the 5K run. They all did great! It was hosted by a local pub and they put on a nice BBQ afterwards. The only drawback was the weather! It was brisk, but at least it didn't rain. We went for coffee with our friends afterwards to warm up.

At some point during the event, someone had told someone else that I was one month post-transplant. As everyone was leaving, a mom of a young CFer came up to chat with me. She said she was amazed how good I looked and wanted to hear my story. The nicest part was she asked if there was anything she could do for us, like make us a meal. We declined, but it was so sweet!

It was a busy weekend but it was fun. I missed both my naps, but it felt so good to do normal stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment