Tuesday, January 19

Week Three Already

The time has been passing quickly during the physical therapy program. I work out hard and then I need to sleep. I feel like I haven't been able to accomplish anything else, but that's okay. The gym is my priority. I haven't worked out this much in years. I enjoy working out, but I wish I didn't need so much rest time in between. It's exhausting.

I have now had a full week to wrap my head around being active on the list. I find that all of my thoughts around tx are about two emotions: excitement and fear. I know that until now, I had spent more time being scared than excited. I feel that it's shifted this week. I am more in the middle now. I think of it as progress!

Yesterday at tx clinic I learned that five lung transplants have already been done this year. Five in 18 days!!! Apparently they always come in waves. I don't know where this leaves me though. Am I still second in line for my blood type and size? Or am I now first? There's another scary and exciting thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment