Saturday, January 23

Halfway There

Week three has wrapped up and I am halfway through boot camp. I am feeling much better at the end of this week compared to last. Last week I was concerned that I needed to go back on IVs, but I bounced back on my own. That's a huge relief.

I am enjoying my time at the gym and I like that I'm getting stronger. I can see the muscle definition in my arms again. I can walk farther and (a little) faster than before. I am also more tired than I was before. To spend two hours in the gym, I need to spend 22 hours resting. It's frustrating. I feel like I don't have energy for anything else. Like I said, the gym is my priority, but it's my everything at the moment. Frustrating!

Overall, I'm very happy with the physical therapy program. Working out under physiotherapist supervision is awesome. My sats are checked on a regular basis and I am able to work towards certain goals. We've already had to increase my O2 to 6L/min. The custom program and personal attention is really motivating. I also like that I can get to know my physio before surgery (and vice versa). It's one less unknown after surgery, and will ultimately benefit me in the end.

Speaking of goals, next week we are working on my posture. I slouch so much! It's gotten a lot worse over the last year. I used to try to correct it... but I don't have the energy anymore. It's so much easier to hunch, especially when I'm coughing a lot. This should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to a couple of quiet days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment