Last week was clearly smooth sailing compared to this week. I'm experiencing a bit of an obstacle this week. On Monday at lung transplant clinic I was put on IVs. It's not my usual routine, but I think it'll work. It's a combo of one IV med, Cipro, inhaled TOBI and extra Pulmozyme. At least I was able to be set up on home IVs, but it's all different. Different pumps, different rules and way less independence. A home care nurse had to come over today to change the first IV bag. Seriously. At least I am allowed to change the bag myself now, and home care only has to come on tubing change days. I have to go to the hospital to get my port needle changed because home care doesn't do that for whatever reason. If only it could all be done at the hospital since I'm already there every day, but they don't have a clinic like at home.
This week we have begun to work on my posture as well. I didn't think my back was that bad until I tried the first exercise. I couldn't do it. I was frustrated and shocked that I had lost so much flexibility. I tried an easier version of the exercise with more success. My physio also tried manipulating my back to relieve some of the pressure in my spine. It worked great. As the day went on I kept feeling better. I don't know how to describe it, except that I feel younger. The difference is amazing! I'm looking forward to working on my back more and correcting it as much as possible. I would love to see a ripple effect where a positive change in my spine allows my rib cage to expand more, leading to deeper breathing. That would be the ultimate result I could hope for!
No comments:
Post a Comment