Wednesday, October 14

Grand Opening of Sandy's CF Life

Alright. Here we go! Post number one.

My name is Sandy and I'm a 28 year old CFer. It has taken me a while to decide to create a blog, but I did it. Actually, this is try #2 because I'm locked out of my original account. Anyways, I wanted to document and share my experience as I start the lung transplant evaluation process. Officially, my transplant journey started on June 25th with a referral letter from my CF doctor to the closest Transplant Centre to where I live.

I have been thinking about transplant every single day this year. One of the things that helped me the most has been reading other people's stories. And even better than that, reading other CFer's blogs has really shown me that I'm not alone and taught me so much. So I am joining the club and starting a blog!

Today is a good place to start because I feel good. I just got back from the hospital after getting my IVs disconnected. I had been in the hospital for 9 days and then finished my IVs at home for the remaining 5 days. That's my October. I can't believe how lousy I felt two weeks ago... I was short of breath 24/7 and overworking my o2 concentrator! I am SO much better now.

I think that's a good start. Welcome to my CF life!

No comments:

Post a Comment