Sunday, June 27

It's Been a Week

It's been another one of those. Another week of bowel obstructions, pain, nausea, percocet and procedures. Hopefully this fix will last. In addition to my digestive problems, my breathing has gone downhill quickly, making this a very difficult week. I cancelled three visits with friends, which is disappointing. I did however, make it out to my friend's first transplant anniversary yesterday. It was tough to be social while being so short of breath, but I was determined to go. It was great to celebrate the miracle of new life with another CFer. It is such an amazing journey. Of course, the evening came with lots of jokes about his new lungs being those of Michael Jackson!

It was a sad week in the CF community with the passing of brave little Conner. His mom, Sarah, has been honest and open, sharing the most difficult moments of their lives. My heart goes out to their family. It isn't fair. Breathe easy Conner.

No comments:

Post a Comment